News - Latest - Entertainment
   Web        OGpaper portal          

Heath Ledger cause of death: Accidental overdose

The cause of death of young actor Heath Ledger ruled "accidental overdose" with prescription medications.

Heath Ledger cause of death: Accidental overdose The medical examiner has finished the toxicology report of Australian actor Heath Ledger and the cause of death was accidental overdose with prescription medication. The cocktail of medications included a combination of anti-anxiety drugs and painkillers. According to the toxicology report, Ledger died from "acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine". At this time it remains unknown if Heath Ledger was prescribed all of those medications by a physician.

 Heath Ledger was found dead in a downtown Manhattan apartment on January 22nd. The NYPD found various prescription-only medications in Ledger's apartment after his death, including Xanax, Valium, Lunesta and Restoril, the last one usually used to threat insomnia.

 Published on 02/06/2008

Related News:

 Heath Ledger found death in New York City apartment
Heath Ledger drug video will not air




Copyright 2005 © . All rights reserved.