Brooke Hanson -
electric shock may affect her career
Australia's double Olympic
gold medal swimmer Brooke Hanson suffered an electric shock in a
a demonstration on Monday, Brooke Hanson suffered an electric
shock and was hospitalized in Melbourne. Hanson had started
training in preparation for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, but her
schedule has had to be altered after being hospitalized.
According to Ian Hanson, Brooke's
father, she planned to return to the pool in a day, but this
could be postponed for a week or even longer. Ian remains
concerned that missing so much training time could be
devastating to the career of his 29-year-old daughter. At the
same time he expressed relieve that Brooke did survive the
accident with only headaches and muscle spasms as the outcome
could have been much worse.
Advertisement: Sign up with the U.K.
Bet365 and get up to $100 AUD free
to bet on all cricket games.
Energy Safe Victoria is investigating the
electric shock accident. Apparently this is not a single case.
It has been revealed that Nadine Jones, a member of the same
club, has also experienced an electric shock at the same pool. A
member of the public also complained of being shocked.
At this time it is unknown how long it
will be until Brooke Hanson resumes full training.
Published on 06/20/2007